[GDNET] Phase I of GD Steering Committee Elections

Patrizio Angelini pangelini at johncabot.edu
Sun Mar 24 21:38:07 CET 2024

Dear Graph Drawers,

As the 3-year terms of the last two elected members of the GD Steering Committee (Anna Lubiw and Alexander Wolff) end, we will vote to elect two new members of the GD Steering Committee (SC).

In Phase I, which starts now and ends on March 28, 23:59 AoE, you can nominate at most *five* different people from the community.  For each nominee, please specify first name and last name (e.g., "William Tutte") using this nomination form<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=JjSgbcXUYUyLWwzRnlSs6cWRWs9jDzpHsZoN1x4I87JURUVLN1A0UzRUR1lSNkFJNEtTNDIyOVpRMy4u>.

The order of the candidates is irrelevant.  Please consider issues of diversity in terms of age, gender, geography, etc. The current members of the SC are listed here: http://graphdrawing.org/sc.html

Note that the second (and last) term of the current SC chair will end at GD 2024; the SC will then elect a new chair among its members for a term of three years.

To avoid possible double counting of votes, the form asks you to insert the email address where you received this email. This will disclose your nominations only to the election officer (Patrizio Angelini), who cannot be nominated anyway, being part of the SC.

After the end of Phase I, we will contact the top nominees and ask whether they agree to stand for election.

For Phase II, we will use the Belenios voting system, as in recent GD community elections. You will receive an email from the voting system at the beginning of April. Please follow the link in that email to cast your vote.

On behalf of the GD Steering Committee,
Patrizio Angelini