[GDNET] PhD Position in Data Science for hierarchical data at the University of Kassel

Gerd Stumme stumme at cs.uni-kassel.de
Fri Feb 24 14:00:46 CET 2023

The Knowledge & Data Engineering Group at the University of Kassel
announces an open position for a

        Research Assistant (salary scale TV-H L13, 100%)

in the research project "Towards Ordinal Data Science" under the
supervision of Prof. Dr. Gerd Stumme. The group's emphasis is on
researching and developing methods and algorithms at the confluence of
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. The research assistant is
expected to research on methods and algorithms for data science on
hierarchical data.

The Knowledge & Data Engineering Group is member of the Research Center
for Information System Design (ITeG) and of the Hessian Center for
Artificial Intelligence (hessian.AI). Further information can be found
at https://www.kde.cs.uni-kassel.de/ .

We welcome talented and highly motivated candidates with a
mathematically oriented working style who are interested in
interdisciplinary cooperations. We offer a team-oriented research
environment, the opportunity to gain teaching experience, and the
possibility to publish your research results on an international level.
Pursuing a PhD is possible and desired. Applicants to the position must
hold a higher-than-average Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer
Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related field. We expect good
knowledge in discrete structures as well as good programming skills in
one major programming language. Furthermore, a high social competency
and a very good command of the English language are expected.

For questions regarding the position please get in touch with Prof. Dr.
Gerd Stumme (stumme at cs.uni-kassel.de).

The position is initially limited to three years. Please submit your
complete application (including all necessary documents and a letter of
intent) before 2023-03-22 via the portal where you can also find the
complete announcement: https://www.uni-kassel.de/go/tods-stelle