[GDNET] Call for Participation: GD Contest 2021 with Remote Live Challenge

Philipp Kindermann philipp.kindermann at uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Sep 10 13:27:05 CEST 2021

Dear Graph Drawers & Network Visualizers!

the 29th International Symposium on Graph Drawing and Network
Visualization will take place in Tübingen, Germany, from September 14 to
17, 2021.
Following popular tradition, a live challenge will be held during the
symposium in a format similar to a typical programming contest. Teams
are presented with a collection of challenge graphs and have
approximately one hour to submit their highest scoring drawings. This
year, the challenge focuses on

     minimizing the planar polyline edge-length ratio on a fixed grid.

Teams may either draw the graphs manually, or use their own customized
tools. Remote participation will be possible for both categories. The
live challenge will take place during the conference on

     Wednesday, Spetember 15, 17:30 - 18:30 CEST.

To solve the instances and submit your solutions, you will be provided
with a dedicated tool:

     https://graphdrawingcontest.appspot.com/tool.jsp

For more details, visit

http://graphdrawing.org/gdcontest/contest2021/index.php?id=live-challenge

We will award a monetary prize to the top three teams in each of the two
categories.

We are looking forward to your participation!

Best regards,
the Graph Drawing Contest Committee,
Philipp Kindermann, Tamara Mchedlidze, and Wouter Meulemans