[GD-election] Newly Elected Members of the GD Steering Committee

Alexander Wolff alexander.wolff at uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Feb 16 20:43:22 CET 2018

The two newly elected members of the GD Steering Committee are

        Therese Biedl and Martin Nöllenburg

Congratulations!  Both have accepted their new duty.
Therese currently is a member of the SC (2017-19) as PC chair
of GD 2018.  Martin was an elected member of the SC (2015-17).

Attached are the results of phase II of the election.
All candidates gave us their consent to publishing the results.
Please note that Ballotbin rounded down all percentages,
which is why they don't sum up to 100%.
127 people participated in phase II, that is, roughly 1/3
of the 393 voting invitations that we sent out got a reaction.

We are also attaching the statistical data that we collected in
phase I.  In hindsight, it would have been brighter to collect
this data in phase II where we got nearly twice as many participants.
Out of the 68 participants of phase I, between 43 and 56
answered our survey questions.  We removed the names of the
countries that appeared only once.  Apparently, the typical
survey participants were German professors who have taken part
in more than five GD conferences ;-)

Overall, we are quite happy with the electronic voting system.
For us, it was a good experience.  We recommend using it for
future elections.

Giuseppe Liotta & Alexander Wolff
(election officers)