[dbitaly] Call for Bids to Host CLEF 2019
ferro a dei.unipd.it
Sab 24 Giu 2017 17:58:59 CEST
The CLEF Initiative (Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum) is a self-organized body whose main mission is to promote research, innovation, and development of information access systems with an emphasis on multilingual and multimodal information with various levels of structure.
The CLEF Initiative is structured in two main parts:
- a series of Evaluation Labs, i.e. laboratories to conduct evaluation of information access systems and workshops to discuss and pilot innovative evaluation activities;
- a peer-reviewed Conference on a broad range of issues, including
- investigation continuing the activities of the Evaluation Labs;
- experiments using multilingual and multimodal data; in particular, but not only, data resulting from CLEF activities;
- research in evaluation methodologies and challenges.
Since 2000 CLEF has played a leading role in stimulating investigation and research in a wide range of key areas in the information retrieval domain. It has promoted the study and implementation of appropriate evaluation methodologies for diverse types of tasks and media. Over the years, a wide, strong, and multidisciplinary research community has been built, which covers and spans the different areas of expertise needed to deal with the breadth of CLEF activities.
CALL FOR BIDS
The CLEF Steering Committee solicits proposals from groups interested in organizing the CLEF conference and labs in September 2019.
CLEF 2019 will be a special edition marking the 20th anniversary of the CLEF Initiative.
Groups submitting a bid for CLEF 2019 also commit themselves to collect membership fees on behalf of the CLEF Association and to pass them to the CLEF Association.
Guidelines on submitting a bid can be found in the Template for Bids available at:
Bids must be submitted by *Friday, July 7h 2017* by email to the Steering Commitee Chair Nicola Ferro (chair a clef-initiative.eu <mailto:chair a clef-initiative.eu>).
The Steering Committee will review and select the proposals. The Steering Committee can ask for modifications and changes to the proposals, if deemed necessary.
Interested parties can contact the Steering Committee Chair Nicola Ferro (chair a clef-initiative.eu <mailto:chair a clef-initiative.eu>) to receive further details.
- Bid submission deadline: Friday 7 July, 2017
- Feedback to bidders and discussion: mid August 2017
- Bid selection: late August 2017
- Martin Braschler, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Khalid Choukri, Evaluations and Language resources Distribution Agency (ELDA), France
- Paul Clough, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Nicola Ferro, University of Padua, Italy
- Norbert Fuhr, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Julio Gonzalo, National Distance Education University (UNED), Spain
- Donna Harman, National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), USA
- Djoerd Hiemstra, University of Twente, The Netherlands
- Evangelos Kanoulas, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Birger Larsen, University of Aalborg, Denmark
- Mihai Lupu, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Josiane Mothe, IRIT, Université de Toulouse, France
- Henning Müller, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO), Switzerland
- Maarten de Rijke, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Paolo Rosso, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Giuseppe Santucci, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Jacques Savoy, University of Neuchêtel, Switzerland
- Christa Womser-Hacker, University of Hildesheim, Germany
Maggiori informazioni sulla lista